Sunday, July 17, 2005

Guatemala

Although i have not the entirity of my journal entries, here is the first one. It is late, but I did at least fufil my promise of it being up by the weekend. At least part of it. Enjoy the adventures of The Devouring Moose in a 3rd world country with a bunch of old fogies, his dad, and two older brothers.

FYI:
Group Memebers were the following: Bill, Hank, Peter, Wilma, Dorthy, Father Ken, Dad, Older Brother 1, Older Brother 2

Old Fogies = Everybody except my family

Journal Day 1
Pretty uneventful at airplane travel, but finally an unfortunate event overtook us: Father Ken lost all his bags except a small briefcase, so Peter will loan some of his small supply of clothes, since he is the only one of us that is a large/extra large shirt wearer. So will pile into a minivan and head off to a posh hotel, and have a dinner on the free appetizer, because the dinner was way too expensive. We indulge on some free beer, which later turns out to be very expensive non-complimentary stuffs. I desire to reign upon the throne, and my father says that I should get his bag in addition to my bag. We are on the 9th floor. Our room number is 834. Just in case it is a weird hotel or something, I briefly go down either way on level 9, just to make sure that our room wasn't there. It wasn't. However, there is a bathroom sign. I head towards it with the bags. The door is locked. I run all the way back the cafeteria place, and tell Dad that now i really need to go, and drop off the bags. I head into the elevator. I enter and another person enters with me. He hits the ground floor and I hit 8th floor.
These elevators, to reduce people coming in on the street, need to use a key card before you enter the floor #.When he gets in entered his card. A light around the button for the ground floor lights up. I hit the button for the 8th floor, but the light doesn't go on. He enters his card, but it still doesn't work. He says "perdon" (Spanish, sorry/pardon). I say "de nada" (Spanish, it's nothing). But it sure as heck is more than "nada" I really need to go now. Th elevator goes down 7 floors We finally hit ground floor and when the doors open for the guy to get out, another guy gets in. The light for #8 goes off, and the guy enters his card and hits #2. I just say to myself, it's fine. That will take no time at all. And I'm right. Once he gets off, I hit #8 again. The elevator stops at the 5th Floor, A dude enters. My light goes off and I catch the hang of things and enter my card. The guys mistakes my actions and says "gracias" (Spanish, thanks) and hits ground floor. I try to smile, but I really got to go. We hit ground floor and I smack 8th floor. I anxiously wait for someone else to intercept me, but I finally make it, enter my room, and am at peace. Jeeze. People these days.

5 Comments:

Blogger Em said...

AAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!
Sorry, I'm a little crazy right now, as I finished the 6th Harry Potter book and feel both emotionally drained and ready to kill someone.
Cheers!

6:57 AM  
Blogger Moose said...

It may be funny in retrospect, but it was sure as heck not funny in the elevator.

4:57 PM  
Blogger Em said...

That's understandable.
Hey, I took that 'what coffee are you quiz'. I am black coffee, and my caffeine addiction level is high. How ironic.

12:25 PM  
Blogger Moose said...

Yeah, I could see that one coming.

7:02 PM  
Blogger Em said...

SURE, right. Of course you could.

7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home