Monday, December 05, 2005

thinkin'

I've been thinking about things. Deep things, about Truth, Life, and Goodness. I'll post some more later, but just wanna leave you guys with this little nugget of gold.

If you don't think about what happens after you die, you never die.

Brilliant. Just great. Just about, I'd say, somewhere like "WAY TO MANY" Americans, all around me think this way, subconsciencously. Me, I am kinda looking forward to death. Just to see who is really right.

Oh, and another thing. Agnostics. Don't you dare ever let me catch you saying something like "I was there first" or "you promised" because, guess what? According to you, since there are no standards, it shouldn't matter whether you were there first, or he promised, right? Right. Oh, and you shouldn't give a damn about other people either, because you couldn't possibly be doing good to send money over to Africa

God, I love C. S. Lewis and his Mere Christianity *grin*

2 Comments:

Blogger Em said...

Ok, I am glad of the *grin*, because the rest of this paragraph sounded really emo. (?)
50% I understood halfway, the other 50% was just the tiniest bit woozy. But I do agree that whoever wrote about thinking about what happens after on dies, etc was just the tiniest bit lost. If they're talking about physical death, then of course that's untrue.
But look at it this way, too. Catholics do (or should) think about life after death and then proceed to try and get to the right place by following God. Etc, etc, they die and hopefully end up in the right place. does their soul die? Nope. So then, by thinking about the "afterlife" - in a spiritual sense - some people may never die.
Just a thought.
Brough to you by the D. T., who has way too much time on her hands.

3:55 PM  
Blogger blackandwhite said...

have you ever thought about what'll happen after death?...whether you've been good enough to go to heaven, or at least purgatory or not?...and have you ever thought what it'll be like to live in eternity, what will we be doing the whole of forever?

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home